Wednesday, October 5, 2011

TELLING A STORY ; 00

When given this project, I really was unsure of what I should do, but the first thing that came to mind was creating a character and setting a mood; The connective thread that would link all these images together would be through the colors. I wanted to tell the story of someone who has an elusive and alluring quality to them. Someone you may want to know more about. I wanted to create a character like Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffanys but with a little more edge like Laura from the noir movie Laura. Then I thought about music and how music creates a mood and by creating the character that Tom Waits is singing about in Black Market Baby would be perfect.

I think the lyrics are creative and they themselves create a story. The song is really descriptive which helps to capture and create this character through photography. I loved the line "She's a diamond that wants to stay coal" and makes me think this lady is one to always been seen around wearing red lipstick and a fur coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment